Today MarketingSherpa’s Email Summit started in Miami. It is focused on advanced email strategies, which is an important part of the demand generation process. Most of the case studies seem to be B2C rather than B2B. The focus is on list- and trigger-based emails and on landing pages, rather than on the full Lead Management Automation functionality. Nevertheless, there are lots of interesting advanced email topics that are just as relevant for B2B demand generation specialists.
Unfortunately I can’t be there, but there is live coverage via Twitter.
Some highlights from the agenda:
- Using email in conjunction with social media campaigns
- Combining List- and Trigger-Based Campaigns
- Using direct mail with dynamic printing to recover email addresses
- Integrating web & email analytics for better conversion
- Using Artificial Intelligence to predict prospect behavior
- Leveraging user-generated content
- Mobile email marketing
- Cross-channel: using SMS and instant messaging
Landing page design & Personalization
- Post-click personalization based on the “wisdom of the masses”
- Optimization by focusing on specific actions
- Using multi-variate testing to optimize conversion and sales
- Using Email Control Groups for cost justification